184 Whatever you gain, enjoy it. [ a story ]

 Whatever you gain, enjoy it. Then you will see that a different dimension of happiness comes to your being.

                                  


                              Once there was a king. A barber used to massage him every morning, and he was always happy because he got one gold coin every day, which was enough in those days to live for a whole month.

                                        In the night, he would play on his flute, and the king would hear its sound. His problem was, ' I have everything, and this man gets only one coin every day, he is so happy and I am so tense, so worried. where is the problem ?'

                                         He asked his prime minister; who said, 'Wait  for a few days and you will know the reason.' And the prime minister threw a bag full of ninety-nine gold coins into the barber's house.

                                The next day the barber came looking very sad. The king said, 'What's the matter; are you sick ?' The barber said, 'No, I am not sick, but a great problem has arisen. I, daily, used to spend one gold coin happily, but now my mind says I should save the coin today to make the one hundred coins. I used to earn and have had food, but today I have to fast and for this reason, you will not hear my flute tonight. My greed has finished me.

                                     The king learned a lesson ' Whatever you gain, enjoy it. Otherwise, you will keep on saving money and in the end, your life will be finished one day. Neither you can enjoy your life nor can you enjoy your money.

============================================


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

{ 5 QUIZ ON; LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI

110 Bal Gangadhar Tilak ,23rd July {1856-1920}

{9} रामचरितमानस से सीखें ज्ञान की बातें –